Picture Gallery
  • wak

    natalia fr3g6586-2 fr3g9258 put-tv.jpg 877k5311.jpg sing1-riders-meeting.jpg liuzhou-freddy-krueger lin-5 877k1604.jpg dubna-winner-freddy.jpg Freddy Krueger (USA) wows Russian Jump Fans doha-nick-parsons.jpg dubna-freddy-krueger-ramp.jpg june-f-2 dubna-2009 egypt-6-palm-hills.jpg dubna-men-shortboard-finalists.jpg dubna-jaret-celebrates.jpg dubna-june dubna-nancy-chardin px-women-slalom liuzhou-igor-morozov Wakeboard World Cup winners in Doha man-webcast dubna-ryan-dodd-tricks liuzhou-lasers dsc_0191 prostar-214v.jpg man-w-b javier.jpg Putrajaya-Arrivals.jpg liu-ladies-jump dubna-whitney-mcclintock-action.jpg egypt-andrew-portrait.jpg


Kiwi behins to respond to treatment

Kiwi behins to respond to treatment

Some good news from New Zealand. We have just received this report below from the family of Kyle Eade who was injured in a freak Jump crash while training last Friday. All his family are with him now and have been very well looked after by the Hospital and friends. The CaringBridge Website page opened just two days ago to provide Kyle’s friends with an easy way to send messages of support has already recived over 1400 contacts. While our sport is a relatively safe one, it is great to see such a worldwide response from Kyle’s many friends and supporters. He is certainly one of our most liked and respected World Cup Stars and we all wish him a speedy recovery.


5pm 14th February

Kyle returned to NZ on February 5th to see his family, coach around NZ and prepare and train for the fiftieth Moomba Masters in March.

On Thursday 11th February, after a day of coaching in the South Island, he took a jump set but had a mild out the back crash on his first ¾ cut. He landed on the back of his neck and immediately lost almost all feeling and sensation to his arms and legs. With great assistance from Scott McFadden and Kirsty Spittlehouse, he was stabilized in the water and the medics were called. He was airlifted to Christchurch Hospital where he was given a series of X rays, CT scans and MRIs.

The tests showed fractures to his C4 and C5 vertebrae.  On the positive side the test showed the spinal cord was still intact although there was extensive bruising and swelling around C4 and C5 level. Kyle has spent 3 days in the I.C.U where he has been stabilized, and this afternoon he has been moved to the Orthopedic Trauma Ward.

It was determined earlier that surgery was not required as the ligaments were strong and it was best to let the natural healing process take its course.

Kyle will be immobilized for the next 4-6 weeks but physical therapy has already begun and Kyle has responded well.  Although he has very limited movement and some sensation, he has made small but important improvements each day.   After a few days in the Trauma Ward he will be moved to the Burwood Spinal Unit 10 kms from Christchurch.

Kyle has a long tough road ahead but he is 100% confident that he will recover and won’t stop fighting until he does. Kyle has been overwhelmed by the thoughts and prayers coming in from all over the world and the collective positive feelings are definitely helping him with his resolve on this difficult pathway.

Kyle has the support from all of his family who are currently in Christchurch, including his wife Karyn, 2 sons Jaeden and Damian, his mother and father Murray and Alison and brother Antony, and mother-in-law Pat Harpell.

Our grateful thanks to everyone for their best wishes, prayers and support.  Every message has been really appreciated.  We will keep you updated on his progress.

Special thanks to all the Canterbury water ski fraternity for their incredibly kind offers of accommodation, transport, toys for the boys and other help – it is much appreciated.  At present we are very fortunate to have accommodation arranged by the hospital at Ranui House directly opposite the hospital.

Eade Family